Since the beginning of age of electronics and electrical, we have been looking many technologies and a number of valuable innovations in both these fields by the researchers and various experts which have proven boon to the society and mankind.
Currently we are surrounded by the numerous electronic gadgets and electric items which are providing comfort to our lives. But among all these technologies, one thing that has never gained or least gained attention by the people is the difference between electronic and electrical devices.
Most of the graduates in this field and people out there are not aware that how to differentiate these two types of devices. Few know that they both are interrelated with each other as the electrical is the flow of electrons while electronics is the technique of controlling the flow of electrons for performing any particular task.
Electrical Devices: They are the devices which are responsible for converting the current into other forms of energy or work. It takes use of metal for conduction. These devices mainly work on the high alternating current as well as the power consumption of the devices are very high.
These devices are more dangerous and less trustworthy as it causes the hazardous electrical shock. They are very large in size and require more space.
Examples: Fan, electric bulb, lamp, tube light etc.
Electronic Devices: These devices can control the flow of electrons for performing the particular task. The word electronic means study of the behavior of electrons under the effect of electric filed. Its components are mainly classified intro two types which are active and passive component.
The active component delivers the energy and the devices which receive the energy are known as the passive component.
We can go through the difference with the help of these categorized points:
- Material Used: Electrical devices use the material like copper and aluminum for the conduction of the current while electronic devices use semiconductor materials such as silicon and germanium etc.
- Operating Principle: Electrical devices can convert the electrical energy into other forms of energy while electronic devices use the electrical energy for conducting the particular task.
- Current: There is an alternative current in the electrical devices and direct current in the electronic device.
- Voltage: The electrical devices work on the high voltage but electronic devices can work on low voltage.
- Power Consumption: It is more in electrical devices rather less in electronic devices.
- Manipulation: Electrical devices do not manipulate the data but electronic devices do.
- Response Time: It is faster in electrical but slow in electronics.
- Uses: Electrical are used for doing mechanical work but electronics can be used for amplifying the weak signal or for coding and decoding the information.