Electrical engineers are the analytical professionals by training for getting the desired jobs; they should posses a variety of core skills from difficult problem solving along with trouble shooting with due diligence and communication. The jobs in this field require taking initiatives and creativity towards innovation.
The field of electrical engineering is a younger discipline in engineering if they compare with mechanical and civil engineering. Over the time, there were many discoveries in electrical engineering that have changed the face of world such as lighting, chemical oil based and replaced by electrical lights.Lighting Ins
In addition to this, there are electrification of railway network and requirement of electric transmission with the help of a power grid which provided huge opportunities for the discipline of electrical engineering in order to develop and flourish. Most recently, electric cars are making huge contribution in the automotive industry.
Smart grids are also needed as electrical generation becomes more efficient through the renewable energy technology. The maintenance of grid network in many countries is indicating lake of skilled personal in the industry but the demand for electrical engineers will be increase in the near future due to the core skills of electrical engineers which are analysis and diagnostics.
There are a huge variety of non engineering jobs are available to graduates of this field. Electrical engineers specialize in the power supply and generation as well as they design, develop, test and supervise the electrical equipment manufacturing. They are trained persons in handling the responsibilities like wiring and lighting installations in buildings and automobiles.
- Skills Required: They should be exert in the power generation, signal processing and also in PLC and programming.
- Job Roles: They have opportunity to become grid design engineer, network engineer, design engineer as well as signal process engineer.
- Skills Required: They must have skills towards machine designing, engineering systems and control and instrumentation.
- Job Roles: In the maintenance field, they can become engineer of power, maintenance as well as systems and site engineer.
- Skill Required: They should posses SCADA, installation and commissioning and operation management.
- Job Roles: they can approach to production engineer, commissioning engineer and also metering and solar farm manager.
- Skill Required: They have to be great in project management and spreadsheet calculations.
- Job Roles: They can become an efficient project manager, transmission manager.